Participants Business Days
Data and facts
Public: 17,107 participants in Galeão and an estimated 150,000 spectators in Copacabana
Locations: RIOgaleão Airport and Copacabana beach
- Ministry of Transportation – Mauricio Quintela
- Ministry of Tourism – Marx Beltrão
- Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) – Mrs. Fang Lui
- President at ANAC – Ricardo Botelho
- Deputy-Administrator of FAA – Mrs. Victoria Wassmer
- General Director of DECEA – Brig. Carlos Vuyk Aquino
- National Secretary of Civil Aviation – Dario Rais Lopes
- Chairman of FAI – Federação Aeronáutica Internacional – Fritz Brink – Paris
- Ambassador of USA – Michael McKinley
- President at ABEAR – Eduardo Sanovicz
- Americas Regional Vice-President of IATA – Peter Cerda
- Deputy Minister for Public Policies – Civil Cabinet – Marcelo Guaranys
Speakers: 177 (CEOs, experts, regulators, military and industry exponents)
Exhibitors: 130 participants
Media: 44 vehicles (TV, radio, press and online media and social media)
Round tables: 66
Duration: 3 business days and 2 days of general public (March 29 to April 02, 2017)
Aircraft static exhibition in RIOgaleão:
- E-195, Legacy 500 and A29S Super Tucano of Embraer
- Boeing 747 and Boeing 737 of Lufthansa and Gol
- Airbus A-320 of LATAM, helicopter Super Puma
- Pilatus PC12 executive
- Diamond 42 – trainer
- Cirrus SR22 light
Aircraft aerial exhibition on Copacabana:
- A29 Super Tucano (Smoke Squadron)
- Extra 300 (Sky Squadron)
- Boeing 737-800 (fly-by of Gol)
- Bellanca Citabria BL8 (Patricia Ramanauskas)
- the Parachute team Luigi Cani
- CORSIA Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) for Americas
- CLAC Latin American Civil Aviation Commission (Comissão latino-americana de Aviação Civil)
- Wings of Change Brazil
- Technology & Innovation for Airports
- Women in Aviation
- Aerospace Day
- Business Aviation Trends
- Flight Deck Matters
In the seven major seminars and eleven workshops we counted with the presence of no less than 177 speakers and specialists.
ANAC was a co-host at IBAS and received delegations from 26 Latin American countries meeting in CORSIA and CLAC.
IATA also co-hosted the “Wings of Change”, a major global forum for discussions between airlines, airports, the supply chain and governments.
The unpublished Brazilian chapter of “Women in Aviation” was launched, an international entity that congregates women who work in the aerospace sector. This launch was attended by the most important person from ICAO, Secretary General Fang Liu and Boeing President in Brazil, Donna Hrinak.
In the skies of Copacabana we had, to the delight of the population, aerial exhibitions at the end of the week. The Smoke Squadron, Sky Squadron, a Boeing of Gol making passages on the border and the acrobat Patrícia Ramanauskas in its own aircraft were presented. She is also co-pilot of Azul and honored the creation of the Brazilian chapter of Women in Aviation Int’l.
The general feedback from the exhibitors, participants and the general public was remarkably positive.